Monday 28 March 2011

A well travelled bird!

Things have been quiet lately, hence the lack of blog entries.  There have been minor sightings, my first garden Great Spotted Woodpecker for instance but nothing really to write home about.

The only news I have today is that Perky is poorly.  He hasn't been absorbing his food properly and was put on special medication over the weekend.  I haven't seen him since last week but will see him tomorrow. I am told he has lost weight and has had to have his crop syringed out, something which I cringe at the thought of.  So all in all our little lad is not too well.  He has, however, had an adventure this weekend.  The people who run The Haven had a family emergency and had to go to Somerset overnight on Saturday.  It must have been very hard for them to make arrangements for all the birds in their care to be looked after but it shows the level of their dedication to helping birds that they took Perky with them!  As he was so poorly they didn't want to leave him with someone inexperienced so they plugged his brooder into the car and took him to Somerset!  Apparently he was an Angel!  Pinky is in a cage now with Ready and Steady, she is fine and doing well, as are the two racers.

I am so blessed to have good friends at The Haven to look after my babies. They have done everything possible for Perky and I suspect a bit more.  I will be eternally grateful to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment