Friday 11 March 2011

Scandalous behaviour on the lawn!

A gorgeous day today, I couldn't resist a walk with Action Dog out in the wood.  She is now back in four wheel drive now her toe has almost healed.  Or her lack of toe.  Anyway she had her first walk out there for a while and thoroughly enjoyed herself plus no more bunny-hopping on three legs.  What a difference losing a toe makes.  It was a horrible thing to have done but seeing the result I am glad its done and over.

I saw my first daisies on the lawn today.  I love daisies, they smile up at you out of the grass and are so cheerful.  My mother has a friend (a mad one) who won't cut her grass because she can't bear to cut the heads off the daisies!  I'm not that bad, actually I am sure they duck when you drive the mower over them because they always seem to be back the next day.  I suppose it won't be long before Hairy Hubby has to suffer the traumas of his tractor lawnmower again.  I think the novelty wore off a bit last summer, I know his big soppy grin certainly did!  I was also pleased to spot some Crocus bulbs which had survived the rampaging Pheasants.  They have eaten just about everything else.  They munched my tulips right down to the ground.  They don't seem to like the leaves of they Crocus just the flowers.  I did also have some Bluebells which I planted last Autumn.  They were specially bought for me by my mother and sent in the post, carefully packaged.  Hairy Hubby planted the Dovecote on top of them.  It says it all really!

Happy smiley Daisies!


A few Crocus bulbs which survived the rampaging Pheasants

I had intended to attempt to write a Dove free entry but as there is hot news from Dovecote Towers I feel it my duty to report it, as scandalous as it is.  Today, on my lawn there was a scandalous show of exhibitionism!  Mr and Mrs Lovey-Dovey not only shared a bath together but were later seen to be 'doing the do' in full view of anyone who cared to look!  I have to say I was shocked by such behaviour.  Have they no modesty?  Morals aside it is good news because it means there may be the patter of tiny claws before too long.  Or should I say the squeek of tiny beaks because those dovey babies do make a racket!  It will mean that Pinky and Perky have some cousins to play with when they come home.

Another Dove pic?  How did that get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment