Monday 4 April 2011

You win some, you lose some!

A howl of despair was heard in my house last night when I looked at Birdguides after a manic day of Grandkids, Easter Egg hunts and baby dove feeds.  A White Tailed Sea Eagle had flown virtually over my house and I didn't know!  It had been seen in Martham and then in Ormesby and I am just about in the middle.  If I had known I'd have made for open ground and looked UP!  I can only imagine what such a massive bird would look like away from the vastness of the Scottish Highlands.  Without those huge mountains as a backdrop it must look huge.

This morning I logged on after feeding Pinky and found that the bird had roosted locally!  Oh no, if only I had checked Birdguides earlier.  It was only a couple of miles away and the report was only an hour old.  Maybe just maybe it would still be there.  I grabbed scope and bins and was in the car and on the road within 5 mins of reading the report.  What I didn't know was that just about the time I was leaving the house it was seen over Caister!  You win some, you lose some!  Mind you despite heading south and being seen over Lowestoft it was reported today back in North Norfolk!  You can bet it will be sitting in a tree next to Rollesby Broad all day while I am at The Haven!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you missed the Eagle yesterday. If you would like us to pass on bird news, not always as exciting as this, you can contact us with your details on wintertoncollective@yahoo.co.uk
    You might also be interested in various surveys we are doing.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Keep looking up!

    ReplyDelete