Monday 11 April 2011

Sad news

I heard today that Perky died in his sleep last night.  I knew he was very weak and sick, I knew this was probably coming but it is still a shock and still horrible.  I'm glad that I was able to have him home for those two nights and spend some time with him.  I'm also glad that he was able to spend some time playing with his sister Pinky.  They sat together for ages on my desk preening each other.  Perky had some adventures on my desk, he managed to flap onto the monitor shelf and got himself stuck behind the monitor.  I had to move everything to get him out.  He was very well travelled for a little bird who never really got to fly.  He went from Rollesby where he was born to Stratton Strawless, then to Somerset, back to Stratton Strawless and then to Rollesby and back to Stratton Strawless again.  He saw the world did out Perky!

I will never forget the way Pinky greeted him when I brought him home, or the way he cuddled into my neck the day I took him back to The Haven.  He was a dear little bird and I'm glad I knew him,  RIP Perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment