Tuesday 19 April 2011

Intruders, babies and baths!

We had an intruder last night.  We were watching TV, or should I say trying to because there was seriously nothing worth bothering with, when the side floodlight came on.  Naturally we jumped up and looked out of the window to see who was trespassing in the garden.  The Hairy One got to there first, "I don't believe it" he said, or at least that is the polite version.  Peering under his arm (he is too tall to look over his shoulder) I saw a lovely chubby Hedgehog running full speed accross the lawn trying to get away from the light.  I was thrilled because I love Hedgehogs and that is the first time I have seen one in the garden.  Hairy Hubby however has some strange deep rooted mistrust of the poor little snufflers and was not amused at all.  "Now I will have to watch everywhere I walk"  he was muttering, along with several oaths.  Apparently Hedgehogs stalk him, yes honestly they do, they follow him about in a threatening manner.  He swears blind that in our last house one came under a car with him in the garage and snuffled down his ear (I would have liked that) so he swept it out with the broom and closed the door.  Then a little while later the same Hedgie came merrily ambling in the other door of the garage having walked all round the back of the house, down the alleyway, up the road, in the front garden and up the garden path...just to stalk him!  He also claims that they might go for the throat but I think this is a rare case of over exaggeration on his part!!!

I brought Daisy and May home today.  They are dear little snowballs, all warm and squeaky.  Pinky does not seem too phased by them, she came over for a closer look and they started screaming at her for food.  She gave them her best "I'm not your Mummy" look and left them to it.  Action Dog is really not impressed, even more feathered intruders to take her Mummy's attention!

I am not finding Daisy and May as easy to feed as Pinky and Perky were, they don't open their beaks for me and I am having to open them for them and squirt it in.  Hopefully we will setting into a routine after a few days and it will get easier.

Talking of Pinky, she had her first bath today.  I took loads of pics but will just post one here to brighten the page up.  Pics of Daisy and May tomorrow hopefully!

Pinky bathtime!


No comments:

Post a Comment