Sunday 12 June 2011

The cute, the bad and the cheeky!

Yesterday was quite eventful.  Typically because I wasn't able to get on here and update right away I have forgotten  half of it!

We had a little visitor yesterday morning.  He wasn't totally welcome but he was very sweet.  A little baby squirrel not long out of the nest.  We had one at The Haven a few weeks ago who wasn't much younger.  He held is little baby bottle of milk with his tiny hands.  So sweet.  Still don't really want him in my garden though because he will just grow bigger and become another or the legions who eat all my doves seed.  They are costing me a fortune but more to the point my doves wake up to no breakfast!



The other adventure of the day was coming in from the garden to find that Primrose Chook had decided to come indoors for a nose about.  Honestly those chooks are so nosey and she is the worst.  I have caught them just inside the back door before and once I found Primrose in the kitchen but she had wandered right into the house and was having a good poke about.  She took one look at me and knew she was in trouble so ran back down the hall, past the kitchen and into the Lounge.  We had a lovely game of chase the chook round the room and under the table till I managed to shoo her out into the conservatory and back into the garden.  Cheeky Madam!

Last night after dark our side floodlight came on.  I shot over to the window because last time it happened there was a Hedgehog (the vicious variety which stalk HH) was running across the lawn.  This time however the visitor was not so welcome.  It was a large black cat, the first I have seen in the garden since moving in.  I wasn't amused at all because my doves are under a net and if Mr Moggy decides to play with them they have nowhere to escape to.   Rather worrying I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment