Friday 18 February 2011

Things that go nibble in the night

Not so long ago I was gushing about how wonderful it was that the bulbs I planted were coming up and were going to look so beautiful around the garden.  At about the same time I was also wondering what to put out for Muntjac to lure them out of the wood and into my garden.  Well I should be careful what I wish for.  Some rotten Muntjac has eaten all my Tulips!  I went out to check the progress of my new plantlings and found them all chewed neatly off at the base.  Needless to say I am not happy!  I wouldn't mind but the wood is wall to wall with Daffs and the little ratbags haven't touched them, just my Tulips!  It also looks like one of the Pheasants has been trying to dig up my Crocus bulbs.  Maybe this is why there are no plants growing in the garden!

There is now a sign on the fence which states 'All Muntjac must be muzzled before entering'!

No comments:

Post a Comment