Thursday 3 February 2011

An expected disappointment

I just spoke to The Gamekeeper about access to the wood this summer.  Luckily I had not been banking on getting full access again because if I had I'd be heartbroken right now.  Well actually I am but not as bad as I could have been because I'd not got my hopes up, plus I'd had a bit of a warning that things would be different this year.

Apparently the pens containing the birds are going to be further up this end this year.  Or something like that.  So I can only walk around the blackcurrant fields.  Still nice, still better than nothing but when you have found somewhere that for some reason touched you more than any place you had ever been it just breaks your heart when you can't go there any more. 

The upside is that I can photograph the deer again.  I probably won't see Hare though, and I will miss sitting by the lake.  Plus it has to be better than the past seven months of looking out of my window and not being able to set a foot out there.  You can hear that I am trying to convince myself can't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment