Monday 21 June 2010

How do you like THAT, Butterfly?

I will not be beaten by a squirrel!  Yesterday I went out and coughed up 15 quid for a squirrel baffle.  15 quid for a bit of plastic, honestly they are exploiting the suffering by charging that much just to keep a squirrel off your feeders.  Mind you I suppose they would really rather that the little devils just ate all your feeders so you had to go and keep replacing them.  Anyway, I digress, my feeding station is now fitted with a very ugly plastic dome.  Lets hope it keeps him off the feeders.  He did not look amused when he saw it!

"What have they done to the Cafe?"

In the afternoon I took my camera for a walk in the woods.  Action Dog kept trying to tell me it should be her being taken for a walk and not the camera but I had to harden my heart for once.  I had only been walking two minutes when a fox came strolling onto the path.  He was the first fox I have seen since living here.  I know that obviously there must be foxes in the area but I think the Gamekeeper controls them because of the Pheasants.  He was a fine specimen, very unlike the mangy urban foxes I am used to seeing.  I was interested to see that he did what the other creatures have done when coming upon me by chance.  He stopped in his tracks and stared, not moving until I did then running away as fast as he could.  Next time it happens I really must try and stay totally still and see how long we can size each other up for.  The trouble is that the temptation to raise either camera or binoculars is just so strong, I always want to make more of the encounter and end up blowing it totally.


Mr Fox, as interested to see me as I was to see him


No comments:

Post a Comment