Wednesday 26 May 2010

Where is Jasper Carrott when you need him?

We returned home about 8pm tonight after a lovely day visiting family and also popping in to Rainham Marshes to see the wonderful new hide they have built.  Very impressive I have to say, I wish it had been open because I would love to see the view!  Maybe in another month or so I will be able to pop back although I fear I may be taking the mick dragging my Mother and Daughter over there only to dump them in the Visitor centre while I whizz round the reserve.  We shall see.

When we arrived home we spotted that we had received a visit from Monty the Mole again. He first came a week or so ago and left a couple of small mountains at the side of the lawn by the feeders.  I was quite pleased but Hubby just kept muttering about Jasper Carrott and moles.  If you don't know what I am talking about try Googling it I am sure it must be out there somewhere.  It was one of his finest sketches.  Anyway tonight there was a small but very fresh mound out there.  So fresh that we wondered if he was still building it.  I tiptoed out into the garden hoping to catch a glimpse of a paw and was thrilled to see some soil tumbling down.  Great he was still there!  With that hubby shouts 'He is there' at the top of his voice.  Well it does not take a brain surgeon to realise that poor little Monty went into hiding.  That man has no idea about wildlife hunting!

About 15 mins later after I had made coffee we looked out and saw that the hill had grown again.  Hubby told me it was still moving and handed me my bins.  Great I thought, I get a second chance.  With that into my range of vision appeared that hairy heathen of a husband of mine carrying a plank of plywood which he proceeded to flaten Monty's mountain with before my eyes.  Poor Monty, all his hard work in ruins!  I was speechless.  Well until he nutted himself on the birdfeeder in the tree that was and then I was laughing hysterically.  Sadly he did not find it as funny as me :o)

I have no doubt this story will be continued.....

Ps I just found THIS...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment