Thursday 27 May 2010

I fear that the news has spread

It's ever so quiet in the garden today.  No Pheasents, not many birds and no sign of Monty.  I wonder if he has gone off and told his friends about the bad behaviour last night and we are now on the blacklist of bad gardens.  Perhaps I should leave them all a note to tell them its him, not me who does mean things to moles.  I really don't like having a quiet garden, it just does not seem right at all. 

The only thing which is really about in good numbers are gnats!  It is swarming out there today.  You start itching just looking out of the window.  It's almost Scotland proportions.  If it continues I may have to dig out my headnet when I put out the washing tomorrow.  Well not quite but you get my drift!  Maaayyybeee it's a plague sent by Monty to get his revenge.  They could all be his friends coming to torment us for being mean to him.   This could escalate into one of those neighbourhood disputes which you hear about on TV.  Monty will be complaining that Hubby wrecked his mountain and hubby will be complaining that Monty dug up his lawn.  I wonder what will happen next? Rabbits with picket signs saying 'Do not enter this garden'?  I fear bad times ahead!

One good thing is that Sunny, the little female Red Legged Partridge is still sitting on her eggs behind the summerhouse.  I had a peep with my bins from a distance and could see her back all snuggled down in the dead leaves.  Hopefully she will be so preoccupied with her eggs that she won't hear all the gossip about her chosen garden.  Perhaps she will be the ambassador we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment