Sunday 9 May 2010

Best garden tick yet...and I missed it!

Today at breakfast time hubby was looking out of the window and said 'A big bird of prey just went over the house'  Naturally I dropped my toast and ran outside to look skywards.  Despite scanning the skies I coudn't see a thing so went indoors muttering about Gulls and looked out of the front window just incase.  Still nothing.  He was adamant that he had seen a big bird of prey very low.  I went back to my toast still muttering about Gulls.

Then at lunchtime I saw an entry on Birdguides saying there had been a Honey Buzzard flying over Ormsby St Margaret which is the next village to us at 9.18am.  Was I fed up?  Ohhh yes!  I spend half my day glued to that window and when something really good flies over I go and miss it!!  I wish I had gone as far as the street now, it might have been behind the trees at the side of the house.  Or if I had jumped into the car and gone down to The Broad I would have had a vast view of the sky.  Next time I will take him more seriously.  It's just that he is always seeing big birds of prey and they are always gulls.

I was going to make an entry today about baby Song Thrushes and soaring Swifts but somehow my heart is just not in it.  Hmmmfffff!

No comments:

Post a Comment