Saturday 16 July 2011

I'm not getting up tomorrow!

Its starting to get so I dread getting up in the morning.  It's been a horrible wet day which only let up at late afternoon when it was far too late to be of use.  I let the girls out as usual when I got up.  Which was far too early I have to say.  This letting the chooks out is knackering me.  I'm losing an hours sleep every day.  I don't function well on seven hours.  Last night I got about six.  Not good, at my age I need my beauty sleep!    Anyway, when I let them out Primrose was quiet, she didn't come out right away but as it was pouring with rain and I was still 90% asleep I let her have the lie in I would have loved to have had.  Later after a shower and some breakfast (my breakfast, I give them theirs when I get them up) I noticed that she was still quiet but was out under the Laurel tree with the others so I didn't think too much of it.  This afternoon she was very withdrawn.  Hunched, eyes closed in a corner and had loose stools.  To be honest she looked at deaths door.  Panic started to set in.  I brought her indoors to the summerhouse and put her into Snowdrops old rabbit hutch to keep her warm and dry.

I made an executive decision to give her some of Owlmomma's antibiotics.  I was seriously concerned that the soft egg she laid yesterday left some deposits inside her and turned nasty.  With the words 'Egg yolk peritonitis' ringing in my ears I brought her into the kitchen and jabbed her.  It was Snowdrop's needle but thats the only one I had so needs must and all that.  She lay in my lap motionless while I did it.  Bearing in mind that this is Boss Chook who is very feisty that was not good news at all.  She seemed in far worse shape than Snowdrop had been.  I also gave her a couple of millilitres of water by syringe because I've not seen her drink all day.  That woke her up!  She was not amused at all when I stuck they syringe down her throat and wriggled and squirmed.  She looked a bit brighter when I checked on her a little while ago but I could very well be clutching at straws.  She went and hid in the sleeping compartment which means she now hates me cos I did bad things to her.  At this rate they are all going to hate me cos I have done bad things to all of them now!

Add to all this the fact that I managed to put my watch through the washing machine while washing the jeans that Primrose pooped all down when she as having her meds it wasn't the best of days today.  There is some good news though, the doves are all fine but Esme is still sitting on her empty nest sporadically, Snowdrop seems fine, oh and I made a pukka chocolate cake!  But I am still not getting up tomorrow morning, I am having a day off from disasters and stay in bed all day eating my chocolate cake.  Ok so I don't mean it but I can dream can't I?

A  purely gratuitous flower pic just to end on something nice





No comments:

Post a Comment