Wednesday 28 April 2010

Pinch me!

I've had a really lovely couple of days here in Norfolk.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that it is real and I do actually live here!  Yesterday I went to Waxham and had a wonderful time wandering the dunes in the sunshine.  I love the smell of the marram grass in the sun.  It reminds me of summer holidays as a child.  We always went to Waxham Sands campsite and I was allowed to roam about the dunes as I pleased.  I loved the feel of the grass brushing against me as I passed it.  Wandering those dunes brought it all right back to me.

I went to the part by the bungalow known as Shangri-la which I have seen mentioned in many bird reports.  I had expected to find a track through the trees along the base of the dunes but there did not seem anyway through so I made do with walking along the dunes.  Hardship eh?  There were loads of Swallows zipping around overhead.  I am sure I saw several Red Rumped ones...I wish.  A pair or Eider on the sea was a bit of excitement for me.  Where I have not been out and about much for so long I have not seen Eider in ages so I watched them for a while.

The real highlight for me was two seals playing in the sea.  They were rolling over and over and really having a good time.  There was loads of splashing and back flippers out of the water.  It reminded me of children playing in the swimming pool.  Totally carefree.

No comments:

Post a Comment